Wednesday, April 4, 2007

Altered Plans

Initially, I'd planned to spend all of today preparing for our trip. But my altered book was calling me, so I had to alter my plans. It was time well spent, too, because I finished three more spreads: pages 9 through 14:

9 and 10: Masked over images, then spray painted primer over both pages,
followed by matte black spray paint. For the page numbers, I outlined the stencils.

To add a little interest, I turned the "zero" on it's side.

11 and 12: Once again, I masked over the images, threw down the alphabet stencil,
then lightly sprayed both pages with black matte spray paint.
I followed this with a heavy spraying down the spine, and a curly-cue on page 11.
Once this dried, I went over the curly-cue with a blue metallic marker,
and outlined the bird on page 12 with the same marker.
It's hard to see, but he light blue metallic plays nicely against the black and white background. This time around, I scribbled inside the "11" sentcil,
and drew vertical lines inside "12" (to repeat the verticality of the alphabet stencil).

13 and 14: This time, I place a large alphabet stencil across both pages,
then did a heavy spraying with orange, glossy spray paint.
The translucency of the paint really appeals to me--I like the way the birds
(on page 14, especially) show through.
Because the letters of the alphabet are so large on this particular spread,
I decided to spell out the page number with a much smaller stencil. I did this with a gold metallic marker. I also used the same marker to outline "HI" on page 14.

657 Days Until George W. Bush Leaves Office!
658 Days Until the BIG PARTY!!!!

No comments: