Monday, April 2, 2007

Goodnight, Moon

It's been a crazy & hectic past few days, and it's getting rather late, but I promised Shannon that I'd post something today. Hi, Shannon!! :)

You see, first we came to realize that Erik's wedding is THIS weekend, rather than NEXT weekend, so there was the mad rush to reserve a room at the hotel, secure a house-sitter (Thanks, Emma Anne! You're the best!), and just generally ready ourselves for a major roadtrip.

Then, we had our most delicious and magnificient Indian pot luck dinner at Sue & Darwins. Oh, it was sooooo wonderful. I contributed shahi paneer and curried eggs (Tarryn's recipe--yum!), and some basmati rice. We also had yellow dal, saag paneer (or palak, depending on who you ask!), stuffed cabage leaves, naan, and apple crisp. Sue looked very gorgeous and proper with her red bindi and Indian scarf . . . it made me think that I should have worn my sari. Next time!

After dinner, things really picked up. There wasn't any chandelier swinging going on, but at one point we smelled a strange odor . . . something burning . . . not just anything, either, it smelled like burned hair! "Oh, the dog's tail was on fire," Ben said in a very deadpan tone, "so I put it out." Not Frida. It was poor little Romey. Actually, it was BIG Romey. He wagged his tail just a *little* too close to a candle. He's fine, though, so no worries.

Sunday is a blur.

Tonight I attended my first meeting for the 2007 Abiquiu Studio Tour. Saw some familiar faces, and met some new ones. Everyone is required to have a "job" for the tour, so I signed up to be the website liason. I'm really looking forward to getting involved, and the ladies that I'm liasoning for (is that even a word???) are really great.

No art making this weekend! Ack! When we get back from California, though, I'll be back at it full time. There's a few hundred pounds of clay calling my name, and I have lots of basket making materials, too, just waiting to be soaked and transformed into something wonderful. I'll be sure to post photos as things evolve.

But FIRST, here's an announcement for my latest solo exhibition:
Ha! Just kidding! It's from a website called "Church Sign Generator." How cool is that? Check out the link over there to the left!

That's it! I'm pooped! It's time to say "Goodnight, Moon."

659 Days Until George W. Bush Leaves Office!
660 Days Until the BIG PARTY!!!!

3 comments:

Shannon said...

Thank you for the post! Erica and I are thinking of making some Indian food soon. Yum!

Anonymous said...

Real cool!

More sign generators to play with on www.CustomSignGenerator.com

Robin Jamison Hernandez said...

Shannon, I wish I was there to enjoy the food with you & Erica! We'll be sure to have a big feast when you come out in June!

Comedy King, thanks for the link! One can never have too many signs!