Sunday, April 15, 2007

Road Trip!

Okay, we took way too many pictures on our road trip, so I've had to whittle it down to just a handful, which I'll post over the next few days. I felt very sad about leaving Jack and Frida behind, and even took one last photo of them before we walked out the door, but it was too blurry to keep. Not sure if the camera was somehow affected by my mood (teary) or what, but that's that.

Well, poor Jack doesn't have many toys. This is partially because he's so picky about what he'll play with, and also because all of his "rejects" quickly get taken over by Frida. So, while Jack sat there with his rattle mouse and feather on a stick; and Frida was lost in a mountain of stuffed toys, tug-of-war contraptions, teething rings, binkies, and chews, I quickly grabbed her "twin sister, separated at birth and recently reunited (with the help of her Grandma)." This is her much smaller twin, which just goes to show you that the nature v. nurture debate has some significance. You should see the two together. It's pretty sad. So, anyway, I grabbed the twin, to keep us company until we returned home.

On the way out of town, we saw a smattering of Santuario walkers, participating in the annual pilgrimage to the Santuario de Chimayo. Which reminds me: if you want to see a really cool photo of the inside of the Santuario, check out Kim Williford's work on the Yellow House site:

http://www.yellowhouseassociates.com/kim.html

And scroll down to Wall of the Healed: Chimayo, New Mexico

Near the border of New Mexico and Arizona, we passed by this cool little tourist trap. Don't you just love these kind of places? Filled with all kinds of cheap goodies. If we hadn't been in such a hurry to get to California, we most definitely would have killed a good half an hour here.

One final shot of the Land of Enchantment, in the Gallup area. It's so gorgeous! Can you make out the cave-like holes in the side of that mesa? Doesn't it just make you want to grap all of your camping gear and go hang out there for a while? For me, it brings back childhood fantasies of living in the wild; communing with animals and nature, getting by with the aid my higher intelligence and excellent survival skills. What a fun dream!

Anyway, I just love things like that. It reminds me of a monumental nicho. And speaking of nichos, I've been working on the one in our living room. I took a "before" picture. Now I need to take a "during" photo, and then an "after" one when I'm finished. I'll post those sometime in the near future, so stay tuned! :)

645 Days Unti George W. Bush Leaves Office!
646 Days until the BIG PARTY!!!!

No comments: