Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Sunrise, Sunset

Two more weeks of school. Actually, one more week after tomorrow's class; and then finals. Yippee. My typical day recently: get up, go to school, come home, do homework, go to sleep.

Yesterday morning I took the time to capture a typical, gorgeous sunrise. This is the view I see every morning from the kitchen window. You just gotta love this place.

Sprintime means rain and wind. It was particularly overcast yesterday when I got out of classes, so as soon as I got home, I grabbed the camera (again) and took a couple of shots of the clouds. The air smelled wonderful--too bad there's no way to capture that!

The last few rays of Sunshine were straining to seep through the clouds.

And as the Sun quickly set, the colors of the sky changed dramatically . . .

Going from pale blue to hot pink . . . To electric orange and gold . . . Maxfield Parrish woulda killed to be here and witness this splendor!

Where did the day go? Lately I ask myself that question a lot. No time for playing in clay, altering books, decorating nichos, or hand painting cards.

Soon, I tell myself . . .


Soon, the day will be filled with so much more than Sunrise, Sunset

635 Days Until George W. Bush Leaves Office!
636 Days Until the BIG PARTY!!!!
WOO-HOO!!!

7 comments:

Shannon said...

So beautiful!!! I can't wait to get back out there!

Kip said...

The pictures are georgous and I love your GWB sentiment!!!!

Kip

Speedcat Hollydale said...

I agree, wonderful pictures - great color!

Have a great day :-)
Speedcat Hollydale

Robin Jamison Hernandez said...

If only the pictures truly did it justice. It's no wonder Georgia O'Keeffe loved this area so much, and was so inspired to paint the landscape and skies.

Shannon, I can't wait for you to get out here!

Robin Jamison Hernandez said...

Kip, I appreciate YOUR sentiment!

Anonymous said...

i miss new mexico and cant wait to visit in the fall!

Robin Jamison Hernandez said...

Erica, I can't wait for you to visit, too! We're going to have a blast!