Tuesday, March 27, 2007

The Very Full Life of an Empty Nester

Ever wonder what the average, normal person does when they become an "empty nester"? Well, I don't know any of those people, but I can tell you how I'm dealing with it. Picture: deep depression . . . [fast forward] . . . swinging from the chandeliers . . . [fast forward some more] . . . and then we got Miss Frida, who is like a daughter to me. The 3rd daughter that I never had. You know: the one lacking opposable thumbs, and--thanks to modern medicine--won't ever be interested in dating. Well, one of the things I love most about having this little girl in my life is dressing her up.

And then she runs off to show Daddy how pretty she looks . . .
Wanna know what else us we do? Well, some of us, anyway? We scour the Earth for treasure. Why, just today on my way home, I spotted blobs of bright orange scattered throughout the land. Having recently stripped & unwound many yards of electrical wiring (to weave a basket from the copper wire within), I was JUST SURE that some electrical contractor's truck had accidentally dropped little piles of wire along the road--perhaps from some gaping hole somewhere in the back of the truck. And this electrician was either too rich & successful to fix that hole in his truck (wire for the needy!), or too focused on his driving to notice that his inventory was being scattered all over northern New Mexico. So I stopped, jumped out, and scooped up that precious plastic twine.

Okay now, the average, normal person (who also doesn't care about the environment) might just throw that plastic twine back where they found it. But since I'm not that person, and since I love our Earth, and because I see potential in even the lowliest form of twine, I shook the sand out of it and tossed it into the back seat. The truth is, this bright orange plastic twine is JUST THE THING I've been looking for. Alright, I probably would have been happier with piles and piles of electrician's wire--laden with copper--but I assure you that this twine is going to serve a greater and higher purpose (to be revealed at a later date).

Twine . . . . . . . . . . I . . . Need . . . More . . . Twine . . . . . . . . . . . . .

665 Days until George W. Bush Leaves Office!
666 Days until the BIG PARTY!!!!
WOO-HOO!!!!

3 comments:

Shannon said...

Yes, little Frida is the sister I never had.....
hahaa

Shannon said...

Erica and I always wanted you to have another girl so we'd have someone else too play with besides each other.

Robin Jamison Hernandez said...

Doesn't Frida look adorable in her new duds? What a little cutie pie!